February is over! Was that the quickest month ever, or what? I’ve had a busy month with work and life, and Shadowhunters!!!! Yes, February saw me reading City of Bones and City of Ashes, with City of Glass on deck and omg, I love this series so hard. I’ve also started watching the show, too, which is AMAZING. A lot of people think it’s cheesy, but I love it. I love Malec, I love Simon (Simon, just take my heart already!), Isabelle is so bad ass, and Jace makes me swoon. Clary is adorable, but I kinda wish she’d quit wining. YES, YOU WANT YOUR MOTHER BACK. I GET IT. It’s all you’ve talked about for five episodes, I UNDERSTAND. So, yeah, I’m totally enamoured with the Shadowhunters.
- The Affair by Amanda Brooke ★★★★
- White Lies and Wishes by Cathy Bramley ★★★
- Poison Study by Maria V Snyder ★★★★
- The One by John Marrs ★★★★★
- Traveler by L.E. Delano ★★★★
- Death Note: Volume One ★★★★★
- You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner ★★★★★
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★
- The Everything Machine by Ally Keenen ★★★★
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde ★★★★★
- The Football Girl by Thatcher Heldring ★★★★
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken ★★★★
- The Goldfish Boy by Lisa Thompson ★★★★
- The Best Kind of Magic by Cindy Cestari ★★★
- Antisocial by Jillian Blake ★★★★
- 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac ★★★★
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★
I’ve been on a BIG Young Adult kick this month, just 3 out of 17 were not Young Adult or Middle Grade and I kinda feel burned out. I’ve read so many contemporary YAs that I just need a break!
Another month, another report card! It’s always intriguing to see your followers grow. This month I had barely any new Twitter followers and, to be honest, I’m losing interest in Twitter. I prefer Instagram lately. Here’s the thing: I come online to get away from real life, it’s a way to escape, but with all the news in the world at the moment it’s just like one bad news story after another, and y’know what, I support people doing what they’re doing in politics in the US, don’t get me wrong, but man, I miss the books. Is that selfish? Probably, but that’s how I feel. Instagram is just all about the books and I’m here for that!
Not much increase at all on any social platforms during February, but Instagram ebbs and flows. I get a bunch of followers who only follow for follow backs, like spam accounts???, then they unfollow when I don’t follow back. I’m making in my goal to be better involved during March. I want to post on Instagram at least once a day, if not twice, but I have no clue how to get back into Twitter. Conversations happen, but it’s so hard to get involved!
NEW FEATURE ALERT! I don’t read many blogs, but I thought it would be fun to highlight the posts I *HAVE* loved this month!
- Cait at Paper Fury is basically my hero. Not only do her posts make me laugh on a regular basis, but she is #Instagramgoals and #Twittergoals and #writergoals. She wrote TWO BOOKS in February AND GAVE US SNIPPETS. ALL HAIL QUEEN CAIT!
- Ashley at Nose Graze tells is like it is: and you should not give zero f***s about posting critical book reviews. Can I get an AMEN? I am so on board with this, always have been and I feel like if you can’t give bad and good opinions you probably shouldn’t be reviewing, because I want to know your good books AND the books to avoid!
- Jen at Pop! Goes The Reader is another absolute hero of mine. She works tirelessly to better the YA community (and the general community, let’s be real); her blog is gorgeous and goals; plus she makes the most gorgeous wallpapers. I am currently using her wallpaper for The Careful Undressing of Love by Corey Ann Haydu, and I use her new wallpapers every time they come out!
- My friend Isabelle re-launched her blog Dreaming With Open Eyes! New theme, new domain name, gorgeous new look, and it looks remarkable! I am in love with her pictures, they give me proper envy!
- Finally, my friend Jo reviewed Radio Boy by Christian O’Connell, I bought the book recently and her review makes me even more excited to read it. She’s one of few bloggers whose reviews I actually read, respect and take recommendations from! (The others are all listed above!)
Here is my March TBR! I also expect there’s a slight chance I’ll finish all of the Mortal Instruments books, but we’ll see where my reading takes me so I only included City of Glass which I am starting ASAP! Four of those are for blog tours that are coming up in March, the rest are all released in March and as you can see, only one YA novel because I need a little, tiny break. I’m most excited to read Everything But The Truth. I’ve been a follower of Gillian (it’s so weird to call her Gillian because I know her as BillyGean (*GASP* HER WEBSITE ISN’T EVEN BILLYGEAN ANY MORE #HURT) and it’s just so amazing to see someone whose blog you read religiously (although not that religiously, Leah, since you didn’t notice the name change #oops) get a book deal! It’s dope, as Will.I.Am would say. (Why did I say that?)